Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday Girl and Community College

Today, September 29th, is my 21st birthday. I have been getting a lot of phone calls and text messages since last night. It is a good feeling, I must say, because that is all I wanted for my birthday, acknowledgment.

I went to the bar for my first time and my best friend bought me a drink. The bartender asked me what I wanted but I did not know. She simplified it for me and just yelled "sweet or sour!". I chose sweet, it was pretty good.

Today is Thursday and school was canceled due to the tornado. I do not have classes on Thursday but, I am glad there are no classes because now my roommate is home. I am usually home alone but now I can do homework with my roommate. She is not focused right now because she is watching Kick Ass on the ODU movie network. Her issue with studying is the television and I tell her all the time to just cut it off. She refuses to cut her television on because she says it helps her focus. Personally, I can have the television, radio and loud people talking and I can still focus. Loud noise actually helps me focus more than silence.
My new roommate makes me livid because she is very messy. I am glad I transferred to Old Dominion University as a sophomore because I did not have to share one bedroom with another person. I feel bad for freshmen because those dorms are so disgusting, I would not be able to live in those conditions. I am glad I went to Northern Virginia Community College because I was able to save a lot of money on most of my general requirements. Not only did I save money but I was also able to get a feel of the college life and professors. I think it’s a good idea that high school seniors go to community colleges after they graduate because they will be prepared for the university life and life away from their parents. I miss my parents dearly but I have to do what I have to do, this is my second year at Old Dominion and I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home