Friday, September 10, 2010

A Night of Jersey Shore

For starters, my roommate is a reality show fanatic, I on the other hand, am not.  My roommate, Marcella, imploringly asked me to join her to watch a re-run of Jersey Shore.  Jersey Shore is an MTV reality show with eight people who enjoy themselves entirely too much.  I do not watch television that much and reality shows at that.  I may seem deprived from the reality/drama realm but personally, I can careless.  I feel as though reality shows are false and misleading for society and the upcoming future of America. 

Most reality shows do not show any educational gain, they just show fighting and intense intoxication.  In America, the legal age to drink alcohol is 21.  A good amount of reality shows have the actors drinking and getting drunk and acting carelessly.  If a 16 year old were to watch these shows regularly , nine times out of ten, they will be greatly influenced.  Irresponsible drinking can lead to unprotected sex and even an accident if a designated driver is not available.

*side note* This show is still on and I've probably only watched about three minutes of this one hour spiel.

Its a Friday night and most of Old Dominion is finding a party to go to or a place to crash.  I am sitting here writing this blog. I am glad I know how to prioritize because any other person would leave this for the last minute, although it is Friday and this is due in a couple of hours. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home